Monday, June 06, 2011

Print Story

New banner is up! What do you guys think?~

Last week in my fashion illustration II class we did a study on rendering and properly sizing prints for our design illustrations. While I'm not really using any prints in my grad collection it's definitely a skill I want to practice getting the hang of, prints have always been a weak area for me.

Here is my final version of this attempt

It was done with a black micron marker and gouache another skill I've yet to really get the hang of.


This fashion illustration book is the newest addition to my library. The author is an instructor at the fashion institute of technology and Parson's and while my instructor didn't seem personally fond of it, I adore the style of drawing and rendering used in this book. Dear amazon.ca, thank you for having it $10 cheaper than retail price.

In other news my momma has come to visit me here in the big city for a week! On top of drafting final patterns for my first collection look and a mountain of illustration homework I managed to find time to do a mass cleaning of my apartment and bake cupcakes to welcome her. <3


I love taking whimsical cupcake pictures

In my attempt to be more stylish this summer, here's what I'm wearing to meet her and go out for dinner after her long day of traveling.
Top- Spank Clothing  /Blazer- Aritzia /Jeans- Gap /Flats- Sterling shoes /Pocket watch- Used House of Vintage
 I need a haircut badly


Thanks for reading,
Stay classy internet.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Your illustrations are lovely! You're definitely talented. I adore your outfit too. Very chic! I love the big glasses.

xoxo
Em

 

Bloglovin

Follow Mini Crini

Independent Fashion Bloggers

Ask Me